Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The IIT Tension

I am in a distraught state,
No interest in finding a mate.
In work I'm always late,
That's one thing which I most hate.

My eyes only open to a blurred gaze,
It's like being caught in a maddening maze.
Or that of being trapped in a cage
Which makes my smile subdued by rage.

A battle is enraging between the heart and the mind,
Let's see who wins the choice is not mine.
But to me, the heart is more kind
Than my cruel mind.
Since it tells me it's just a matter of time before you start studying,
While the mind tells me, it's just a matter of time before the results declare you failing.

Obstacles will always be there,
All have to undergo struggle to be up there.
Struggle on, someone beckons;
"I am trying, but they are obstructing me - the demons."

IIT seems like a distant dream;
I am not in the cake, forget the cream.
Whether it's a lack of hard work or a good amount of bad luck,
I know that for IIT, one has to be a swan, not a duck.

Time will only tell if I am in the group of elite,
This may just happen, the situation will be tight.
Failure would mean sorrow and shame,
So I pray to God for happiness and fame.

(Written while preparing for IIT-JEE, in my 12th std. U might just be able to identify with my sentiments here.)

2 comments:

Varun Murali said...

Keep praying to God. That seems your best way out if this poem is anything to go by. What says, Mr. Keats?

Ravi Bansal said...

Well, since that time, I have realised that a man decides his own destiny.